Music is our strongest memory #03

 "Guess who's back, back again."

When I was in grade 6. I played my first cricket tournament. It was a noteworthy day to me. My first ever game in cricket. It augmented my confidence. It felt like I am winning in life.

It was a T20 series against a district ( Kandy - my team vs Colombo) 

I was playing 1 down ( As the 3rd batsman, oh!.. Woman). I was cool headed. I felt stupendous. 

** I heard my heartbeat, it was out of fear and excitement. I breathed aloud. I wore my gloves, carried my bat like a sword. I literally felt like a soldier. I entered the ground. Watched the sky for God's blessings.**

Entered the pitch, a young kid, thinking she will score a century.

The first ball, was a miss. I convinced myself. Did a short ted talk and was ready to face the next ball. Andddddd. That's it. In a second, I found myself walking back to the dressing room.

Yes! Yes! Of course, Yes! I Got Out. I thought the ball went further from the wicketkeeper and began to take a run. But the ball was on her hand andddd "Run out". Up went the Umpire's index finger.

For no one's surprise, We lost the match. Moreover, we had our next match two days later. 

At the second match, they played a song by Eminem. It was "Without me" which got released in 2002 (Coincidence I guess, because I was born in that year). 

When they played this song, I got a strange motivation. It made me feel like I'm capable of scoring a century today. I wanted to shut the mouths of the people who doubted me in the first match. 

When I entered the ground, then played the part;

"Now, this looks like a job for me

So everybody just follow me

'Cause we need a little controversy 

'Cause it feels so empty without me"

Mate, not gonna lie, the confidence level I had at that exact moment was transcendent.

And guess what? 😎

I scored a 108 runs on 76 balls without bestowing my wicket [ 108* (76)] on 6 down. (Guess you would have figured out my batting position)

My team was timid due to the loss we faced on our very first match. So that they did not play well. And look mate. Because of a song, because of Music, I played well (Oh Karen not you again, yes I practiced day and night to play better the next match. But still confidence is key Karen, come on, don't find fault in everything

Anyways, ever since that day, I play "Without me" to uplift my confidence. As I have already told you that I don't like staying here (hall), further my friends and I, face several struggles here, we in depth associate ourselves to this song. Especially these lines;

"'Cause we need a little controversy 

'Cause it feels so empty without me" 

This memory from grade 6, which happened in 2013 is still on my mind.

More so, this morning while going to practice, I played that song. It gives me a weird kind of confidence and happiness.


I know that you would have listened to this song. I know that feeling mate, I know how that song makes you feel. Enjoy it. Don't day dream while listening to it. Pleaseeee πŸ˜‚πŸ€πŸ»

Peace out mate! ✌🏻












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't chase a Greased Pig

Don't try to play fool with me niggesh. It's very bad!

And when I'm back in Chicago πŸ₯Ί❤️‍🩹