Music is our strongest memory #01

 "Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies. - Edward Bulwed lytton"

If you listen to Tamil songs, then, I bet that you would have heard the song "Oru naalil" by Yuvan, an unreleased song from the movie Pudhupettai. It was also used in the movie which got released this May, "Star". I could not imagine that some of the kids, never knew this song and they discovered it from the movie Star. That was.. That was Lugubrious. I mean. Bro, That's Yuvan, and you have never heard that?

Fine, Let's not put these so called 2k kids into embarrassment (Comes from the mouth of a 2k kid πŸƒπŸ»‍♀️, not mouth exactly, it's my thumbs typing, I know that Karen, need not to correct me). Too much of hatred? My bad.

Nevertheless, this song, "Oru naalil", if you haven't heard it, please do listen to that song.


I never related to this song until 2024 January. When I was back home for my Christmas Holidays, the day for my return to India arrived closer. Like the flower Snowdrop, which tries it's best to survive in every weather, I tried my best to not demonstrate my emotions to my family. (
Obviously I stole this line from the poem "To the Snowdrop" by Willaim wordsworth, read it, if you got time mate).

** I pulled my earphones, took my phone, pinned it together, went to Spotify, clicked on Yuvan hits and played it on shuffle **

My mind was blank. Blank like a Baby's mind when it wakes up, befuddled. My tears were blocking my sight. I was loosing... I lost my sight. My eyes joined my mind. They were blank together.

** Then played **

"Oru naalil wazhkai inga engum odi pogadhu

(Which means that our life will not runway in a day.)

My mom entered the room and saw me crying. She called the rest of my family (while mocking me for crying, of course πŸ˜‚).

Mom, dad, brother and my sister tried to console me. And guess what? I pulled out a "Clown", hid my sorrows behind my heart. Told my mom, "I'm fine with leaving to college". 

That night, about 11.34 pm, I woke up to relaize that my mom was not sleeping beside me. But before I call out her name, I heard a voice coming out from the hall. It was my mom, crying to God to help me stay strong. (Believe me, it was the first time I saw her cry

I listened to "Oru naalil" once again. The lyrics.. It was Veracious.

Watching your favourite people cry, especially your mom is poignant. 

I felt bad about myself and then decided that I would never let her cry ever again. (Two days later she cried after looking at a spider in our room, yet that does not count bro πŸ˜‚, I'm not at fault there.)

Sufferings, is normal for a person. If you are a living being, it is destined for you to suffer in this deplorable world. It's not an opinion but a fact.

At any point, never make your mom cry. Not only mom, making your dad, siblings, best friends or your loved ones cry is the worst feeling ever. Do not disappoint them mate. It's okay to go through hell for them, because they did go through (more than) hell to give us this comfortable rich life. (But bro, do not roger with every wrong doing, we got to stand tall and say No to few things too. We got to balance every action

Did not want this blogpost to get emotional, one of my friends played that song and my mind was swamped from that memory. A memory which I would like to forget.

Captain America erased the fact in the quote "Not a perfect Soldier but a good man" and became a Perfect Soldier AND a Good man. Be like Cap buddy. Furthermore, relate your good memories to your favourite songs (free advice

Peace Out ✌🏻








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't chase a Greased Pig

Don't try to play fool with me niggesh. It's very bad!

And when I'm back in Chicago πŸ₯Ί❤️‍🩹