Social Media Detox?

 "Delete your Social Media Accounts, you'll feel like a kid again"

Guess what we did today.. Oh! This is a Simplex mode communication. My bad! Fine. I'll tell you. My friends are phone addicts, they can't do anything or go anywhere without their phones in their hands. On the other hand, I hate my phone. I wanna be more in real life than in someone's more structured and staged world. You know what I mean.

Hence, we planned to keep our phones away for a day. My friends suffered a lot in the first 2 hours, then they got used to it. 


They began to enjoy the real world. We went on a long drive in our bikes.

Man, that breeze on your face while driving up a hill. It felt like Seventh Heaven. Not gonna lie, I would live the rest of my life on that hill, if I didn't have any responsibilities, of course. We were enjoying the entire day. Without having the urge to click pictures to let the 'Online strangers' know that we're having fun. 

Till now they did not grab their phones. Yet, I did. ( I mean, had to blog this.. Gotta keep the streak mate πŸ˜‚. )

Fellas. I've already told that I'm old school. ( In my 2nd or 3rd blog I guess). I wanna enjoy the time. Wanna live in the present. What's there in social media? Nothing. Just some brain dumps and several 'staged' natural incidents. Irony innit mate. On one side, we gain interesting information, on the other it is completely useless. It's in our hands on how we treat This Social Media thing. 

We felt like kids today. Like how we were at school. We had access to phones, yet we were focused on the real world. We found ways to create our happiness. More than creating, we found happiness in everything we saw and did. There's a saying, which goes, "The kid inside us will never die". 

It's the way we look into the world that changes. It's our responsibility to not kill the kid within us. We should often listen to that kid. But remember intrusive thoughts are totally different from that πŸ˜‚πŸ€πŸ». 

Not suddenly, but gradually reduce your screen time and enjoy the reality. It may hurt. But it's for good. Like every single mother over there told. It's the phone. It's always the phone.

And hey remember the dialogue from Friends (The TV series) spoken by Monica to Rachel;

"Welcome to the real world, it sucks, you're gonna love it"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't chase a Greased Pig

Don't try to play fool with me niggesh. It's very bad!

And when I'm back in Chicago πŸ₯Ί❤️‍🩹