Cinema, The most beautiful Fraud

 "When People Ask Me If I Went To Film School, I Tell Them, ' No, I Went To Films' "
-Quentin Tarantino 

Movies, they are everything to me. When I'm happy, I watch a movie, when I'm sad, I watch a movie, when I'm excited, I watch a movie. Whatever happens in a day, I have to watch a movie. Cinema makes me Happy. It makes me enter into my mind's eye. 

It all began with Harry Potter, as both of my siblings are 90s kids, they introduced me into the world of Wizards and Witches. The VFX in it grabbed my attention. Eventually I became a movie addict. As time passed I only watched Hollywood movies. I loved their Screenplay, Story Writing and Camera Movements. 

In due course, I began to read the scripts of my favourite movies. Oh wait! I forgot a whole part in between.. My Bad..

** Flashback **

When I was in grade 9, I met a senior who introduced me to the world of Series. He suggested me Breaking bad, Better call saul, Friends, Office, The Middle etc,.. You know, that senior played a major role in my life. After losing touch for... I don't know, I guess, approximately after 3 - 4 years he remembered me and came along from Dubai to Sri Lanka just to watch me play my first Cricket match. That senior was something else. Such a good brother. 

Fine, back to the story..

You know, I mentioned a friend in two of my blog posts? I called him 'That one friend'. He was the one who introduced me to Sir Quentin Tarantino. Man, It felt like I rediscovered Cinema. He used to suggest me movies over facebook. I was intrigued and watched it the next second. Not gonna lie, he's got a good taste on movies.

With all interest, last year for our College auditions, I directed a shortfilm representing our hall (hostel), which was the first shortfilm ever to be produced by our hall for college auditions. We got 4th place. (Unknown fact: I had 'that friend's' name on the credits) 

That was the first time, I ever read a Movie script. The first script I read belonged to none other than 'Sir Quentin Tarantino'. It was the script of the movie 'Kill bill'. Man, I loved it. I was amused. 

** End of flashback **

Apart from Hollywood, only after coming to India, I watched Tamil and Malayalam movies. The movies which were underdogs in Tamil and the praised Malayalam movies had the best story writings ever. (Iykyk)

Arriving to the present, I watched Deadpool and Wolverine today. Yes, as a Marvel fan.. Shame on me for not watching it earlier. But, Jesus, the movie was awe-inspiring. 


Fellas.....

Go watch movies, direct movies and short films. Write scripts. Write all your ideas or note it in your phones. One day they'll help you immensely. 

And hey! Never suggest movies to a person who doesn't have all ears while you're talking about movies. 

(Ps: if you haven't watched all these movies and series' I've mentioned above. Please do watch.)

Peace ✌🏻

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't chase a Greased Pig

Don't try to play fool with me niggesh. It's very bad!

And when I'm back in Chicago 🥺❤️‍🩹