Dead Poet's Society

 "No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world - Dead Poet's Society"

The movie, "Dead Poet's Society" got released in 1989. I watched it in 2017. The first time I watched it I wailed pitifully. Huh! I'm narrating it in past tense.. I mean, I still watch this movie and wail pitifully. 

The story goes like..

A new English teacher, John Keating (Robin Williams), is introduced to an all-boys preparatory school that is known for its ancient traditions and high standards. He uses unorthodox methods to reach out to his students, who face enormous pressures from their parents and the school. With Keating's help, students Neil Perry (Robert Sean Leonard), Todd Anderson (Ethan Hawke) and others learn to break out of their shells, pursue their dreams and seize the day.

This was the summary given to me, when one of my seniors suggested me to watch this movie. Even the google metioned that this movie belonged to the Comedy/Drama genre. I expected the movie to be completely funny and infact the movie satisfied my expectations until they hit me with the climax.

Neil Perry 🫠. I loved his character and when he broke all the stereotypes, came out and performed on the stage. Man, I was proud of him. But at the end... If you have not seen it, this is going to be a spoiler for you.

⚠️ Read at your own risk. ⚠️

But at the end, when Neil Perry's father did not accept him for what he is. Neil decides to kill himself. And he did. I felt him. I knew the pain....


I KNOW THE PAIN.

He did not have to be this relatable πŸ˜’πŸ’”

Prof. John Keating took my heart, my kidney, my lungs and everything. He was literally the professor that the place I stay in, wants.... I mean NEEDS. He saved several students' life but could not save Neil. That's Life...

Prof. John Keating, no matter how much he motivates him, no matter if he was like a father figure to Neil. At the end of the day, NEIL'S FATHER'S decision is what matters and it's the fullstop to his passion.

Remember honey, no one can replace your father, mother, brother or sister. No matter how close they are and no matter what they did, Our mom will always be our mom. Our dad will always be our dad. At the end of the day, it's our family, not the family which just says that they will be with you (Oral promises are dangerous to believe).

People may show few, who are close to us and name them as, she is like a mother to you, she is like a father to you. Like, bro! It does not work like that. 

Moreover, this... This... This term...

"Second home".. I am allergic to that term. 

Brother, your home can only make you feel like home. There's nothing called second home, third home here. Ladies, even if you're married and get into your husband's home. You will only feel that "Home thing" at your own "Home". 

Back to Dead Poet's Society..

Neil Perry's death is what makes me howl pitifully. I feel him. I can soulfully understand him. No matter who is with you, if your family does not accept you, what's the point. Furthermore, if your family accepts you and believes in you but you let them down by telling them that you are not strong enough to manage a situation... That guilt is enough to make a grown man kill himself. 

It was never Neil's fault. He tried to fight for himself, but instead, the universe took his life. Killing yourself has become funny with all the memes nowadays. Killing yourself is not funny brother. It's a serious issue. 

If you have not watched the movie. Please do watch it. Add an interesting factor to your movie list. 

Peace (If you have it, please share it)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't chase a Greased Pig

Don't try to play fool with me niggesh. It's very bad!

And when I'm back in Chicago πŸ₯Ί❤️‍🩹